Chiropractic care is a branch of healthcare focusing on the musculoskeletal system while treating the relationship between the body’s structure and its function. Treating the root cause of leg pain, hip pain, back pain, shoulder pain, and knee pain is all part of pain management. The chiropractic care staff at Spinal Health and Rehab Integrative Medicine provides pain management treatment and wellness care for our patients in Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Arcadia, North Port, Cape Coral, and North Fort Myers.
Types of Pain
Medical doctors define pain as an uncomfortable sensation that often signifies an injury or illness. Pain can be moderate to debilitating and experienced in all areas of the body including the back, neck, knees, hips, fingers, legs, and shoulders. Although everyone experiences pain differently, people typically have one or more of the common types of pain:
- Acute pain is typically short-term pain that can last for a few moments to several months. Generally, acute pain results from a soft-tissue injury or temporary illness that subsides when the infection goes away or the injury heals.
- Chronic pain typically includes hip pain, leg pain, back pain, shoulder pain, and knee pain, either constant or intermittent. Chronic pain usually results from a health condition, such as a spinal condition, arthritis, or fibromyalgia.
- Neuropathic pain is pain resulting from damage to the nerves and areas of the nervous system. This type of pain is typically described as a sharp shooting pain that may be intermittent or constant.
- Nociceptive pain is caused by damage to body tissue that is often described as achy, throbbing, or sharp pain. An example of nociceptive pain would be falling and scraping your knee or stubbing your toe.
- Radicular pain is caused by an inflammation or compression of the spinal nerve. The pain can radiate from your back through the hips and legs.
Pain Management Techniques
Technological advances make it possible to provide our patients with pain management and wellness care tools. For example, our chiropractors can help with pain relief using spinal adjustments, manual manipulation, massage therapy, acupuncture, and physical therapy. Pain management is individualized to treat the root cause of your pain without having to rely on medication.
Contact Spinal Health and Rehab Integrative Medicine
If you are experiencing pain and would like to learn more about our chiropractic services, contact Spinal Health and Rehab Integrative Medicine to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors. We provide quality care for our patients in Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Arcadia, North Port, Cape Coral, North Fort Myers, and the surrounding communities. Call our team today at (941) 205-2180 to learn more.