Personal Injury Treatment
Our professionals at Spinal Health and Rehab Integrative Medicine specialize in the treatment of personal injuries. If you are in Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Arcadia, North Port, Cape Coral, or North Fort Myers, you are welcome to experience our natural treatment approach to personal injuries.
Common Personal Injuries
Personal injuries are sustained in various mishaps at work, home, or even in daily life. The most common types of personal injuries include:
- Whiplash: Occurs when there is a sudden back and forth movement of the neck, causing micro-tears in the neck’s ligaments. Auto accidents are the main culprits of whiplash, but they can also occur from sporting activities, slips, and falls. Whiplash injury symptoms include headaches, dizziness, neck pain, vision distortion, and neck stiffness.
- Soft tissue injuries: Auto accidents, slips, falls, assaults, and work-related injuries can cause injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments, causing pain and discomfort.
- Back pain: Sports injuries, auto accidents, poor posture, and work-related injuries can cause back pain. If back pain is left untreated, it can lead to other health complications.
- Shoulder pain: If your occupation involves heavy lifting and repetitive use of shoulder muscles, you will likely suffer from shoulder pain.
Personal injuries cause pain and restrict your mobility, diminishing the quality of life. If you have suffered from a personal injury, see our chiropractors as soon as possible for proper recovery and reducing the chances of health complications.
Why You Should See a Chiropractor for Personal Injuries
Whether it’s an auto accident injury or any other personal injury, chiropractic care is the best course of treatment. Here are some common benefits of seeking chiropractic treatment:
- Long-lasting effects: Unlike other medical practitioners, chiropractors treat the root cause of the pain. Chiropractic adjustments address the nervous system, which controls body function. By addressing the root cause of the pain, you can be guaranteed long-standing solutions.
- Reduce pain: Chiropractic techniques reduce pain from personal injuries by reducing muscle tension and relieving nerve pressure from spinal misalignments.
- Treats hidden injuries: Soft tissue injuries like whiplash aren’t visible to the naked eye. If left untreated, soft tissue injuries cause pain and inflammation in the back, neck, shoulders, and other joints. Chiropractic adjustments correct misalignments, allowing the body to heal naturally.
- Non-invasive treatment: Chiropractic care uses natural remedies to treat personal injuries. This eliminates side effects like nausea, dizziness, and vomiting synonymous with medications and surgical treatments.
How We Treat Personal Injuries
The type of injury you are suffering from dictates the chiropractic treatment needed for proper care. The common chiropractic treatments we use to treat personal injuries include:
- Spinal adjustment: Aims to realign the spine to reduce pain, boost immunity, and restore the full range of motion.
- Massage therapy: Addresses soft tissue injury. This technique aims to reduce muscle tension and promote blood circulation to trigger self-healing.
- Physical therapy: Aims to improve the function of the body. It strengthens the body muscles, reducing the risk of future injuries.
Book an Appointment with Us Today
If you are suffering from a personal injury, book an appointment with us at Spinal Health and Rehab Integrative Medicine. We are committed to providing patients the care they need to live pain-free lives. Contact us today to find out how we can help you find relief.